|If you can't find this patch, it's |
okay to use any bike-related fun patch.
Download the Girl Scouts on Wheels patch requirements (pdf). I really like the "parts of a bike" picture made of words.
During this patch project, I learned:
- There are lots of different kinds of bikes, even handcycling bikes.
- Everyone should wear a helmet. That's why it's important to get one that fits right and is comfortable.
- Bikes have to follow all the traffic rules just like cars.
- I found a walking map of my town that is useful for picking safe biking routes.
- I located all the places to lock up my bike near the places I'd like to go on my bike.
- I'm getting more confident on my bike.
Learn more about Girl Scouts on Wheels from the Philly Bicycle Coalition.